In an effort to get rid of some stuff (and trust me, I have a LOT) I am parting with my beloved collection of vintage (and a few new) craft, decorating, and gardening/herb books. Some are good, some are great, some are not-so-great, but they all have one thing in common - they are taking up space here and need to find some loving new homes.
To keep things as painless as possible for all involved, I am including my shipping costs in the price, so free shipping a la Media Mail for all within these great United States. If you need it faster, or internationally, let me know and we'll work something out.
I take whatever you can squeeze through Paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want more than one or two books, I'm willing to be haggled.
Craft books and patterns can be found at pollyhyper.etsy.com
(they won't let me sell this stuff over there)
HOME DECOR - ooh la la!
- The Complete Basic Book of Home Decorating, Edited by William E. Hague. c. 1976 by Nelson Doubleday, Inc. Hardcover with dustjacket, 523 pages. VERY GROOVY.**** $12
- The Paris Apartment by Claudia Strasser. c.1997 by Claudia Strasser. Hardcover with dustjacket, 143 pages. Lots of color pix. "Romantic Decor on a Flea Market Budget"***** $6
- The Practical Encyclopedia of Good Decorating and Home Improvement, Vol. 1 (A-Ame), by Greystone Press. c. 1971 by the Meredith Corporation. Hardcover with dustjacket, about 200 pages, freed library edition. Super-groovy, lots of technicolor pix. **** $5
- The Practical Encyclopedia of Good Decorating and Home Improvement, Vol. 4 (Boo-Cen), by Greystone Press. c. 1970 by the Meredith Corporation. Hardcover with dustjacket, about 200 pages, freed library edition. Super-groovy, lots of technicolor pix. **** $5
- Budget Living's Home Cheap Home - a Room-by-Room Guide to Great Decorating, from the editors of Budget Living Magazine. c.2004 by Budget Living, LLC. Oversized paperback, 192 pages. ***** Great tips! $12
- Interior Decoration A to Z by Betty Pepis. c.1965 by Doubleday & Co., Inc. Hardcover with dustjacket - freed library edition, 224 pages. **** Lots of photos, mostly black & white. $5
- The NY Times HOME Book of Modern Design, Styles, Problems, and Solutions by Suzanne Slesin. c.1982 by Suzanne Slesin. Hardcover with dustjacket, 270 pages. Lots of pics. Very edgy for it's time - hey, it was a NYT publication!***** $9
- Creating a Look - a Practical Guide to Achieving 12 Looks From Around the World, by Liz Wagstaff. c.1999 by Quadrille Publishing, London. Hardcover with dustjacket, 160 pages. **** (a little ruffling of sleeve). THIS IS AN AWESOME BOOK. $8
GARDENING & HERBS - grow your own!
- The Herb Book by John Lust (for real), c. 1974 by Benedict Lust Publications. Paperback, 660 pages. ** $5 From the back cover:
- Suzanne's Garden Secrets by Suzanne Warner Pierot, c.1978 by Suzanne Warner Pierot. Hardcover with dustjacket, 240 pages. *** $4
- Make Friends With Your Bulbs by Jerry Baker. c.1973 by Jerry Baker. Large paperback, 95 pages, freed library edition. **$3
- Home Gardening at its Best - Productive Ways to Grow Your Own Fresh Vegetables, by Sal Gilbertie with Larry Sheehan. c.1977 by Atheneum/SMI. Hardcover freed library edition, 216 pages. $4
HOME REPAIR - fix it!
This Old House Books - Essential Home Repair, edited by This Old House Magazine. c.1999 by Time Publishing Ventures. Oversized paperback, 120 pages. "A seasonal guide to maintaining your home." ***** $6 This Old House - Restoring, Rehabilitating, and Renovating an Older Houseby Bob Vila with Jane Davison. c.1980 by WGBH Educational Foundantion, Inc. Oversized Paperback, 270 pages. ***** $6
- This Old House Kitchens - A Guide to Design and Renovation by Steve Thomas and Philip Langdon. c.1992 by WGBH Educational Foundantion, Inc. Oversized Paperback, 273 pages. ***** $6
- Better Homes & Gardens Handyman's Book, c.1970 by Better Homes & Gardens Books. 5-ring binder, 393 pages. Lots of hand (vs. power) tools. ***** $6
- Tropical Aquarium Fishes - Freshwater & Marine, by George Cust & Graham Cox. c.1972 for the Metaframe Aquarium Book Club. Hardcover with sleeve, 144 pages. Lots of fish species included.*** $4
- The Chosen Puppy by Carol Lea Benjamin. c.1990 by Carol Lea Benjamin. Paperback, 87 pages. "How to select and raise a great puppy from an animal shelter."**** $4
- The Guide to Owning a Shih-Tzu by Teri Soy. c.2003 by TFH Publications, Inc. Paperback, 64 pages. "History, Selecting, Houstraining, Training, and Grooming."****
- 20th Century Pop Culture by Dan Epstein. c.1999 by CLB, Hardcover coffee table book, 255 pages. FULL of pix from decades of pop culture. I love this book. It's very heavy and chock-full of memories. ***** $15
The Mullet by Mark Larson & Barney Hoskyns. c.1999 by Mark Larson & Barney Hoskyns. Medium-sized hardcover, 128 pages. ***** HILARIOUS. $6 Swell - A Girl's Guide to the Good Life by Cynthia Rowley and Ilene Rosenzwig. c.1999 by Warner Books. Medium-sized hardcover, 136 pages. ***** $6
- South Park Domino Game - $13
Packaged in a tin with a window through which five of the 28 dominoes can be viewed.
New in unopened plastic shrinkwrap.
This dominoes are described as being "super-sized." They measure 1 1/4" x 2 3/8".
The back of the tin has the following message: The laughs continue with the South Park Domino Game! This collector's tin includes 28 Super-Sized Dominoes featuring all of your favorite characters like Cartman, Kenny, Stan and Kyle. Play traditional Matching games, or just Line 'em Up and Knock "em Down to watch Kenny fall over and over again!