Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bottles of Hope

The Bottles of Hope project began in 1999 when Diane Gregoire, a cancer survivor and polymer clay artist, put her talents to use to spread hope to others going through chemotherapy and cancer treatment. Using polymer clay, she decorates small glass medicine bottles similar to the bottles that the chemotherapy treatment comes in, and gifts them to other patients as a symbol of hope.

The Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy is active with the Bottles of Hope project and I have just completed six bottles to donate - I have a feeling I'll be making more, as they were a lot of fun to make! The bottles I made are sealed shut, because I made sure to fill them with hope and wishes for good health and happiness for their recipients!

(click to view larger)
Bottles of Hope made by Pollyhyper.etsy.com

2 comments:

Infinite Cosmos said...

those are so pretty!! love them!

Judith HeartSong said...

wonderful idea, they are adorable!