Saturday, September 22, 2007

My PCAGOE September Challenge Entry

Done with 2.5 hours to spare!!!

The theme this month was to interepret a favorite book. I chose "The Golden Compass" from Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy. The book is actually due out in film form this fall, but I tried to rely more on the image of the alethiometer that the book had formed in my mind, and minimally on the images from the new film.

Of course, it's not what I imagined in my head - it never is! - but I'm really happy with how it turned out:


I used this challenge as an opportunity to try out a few techniques I've been wanting to try, many inspired be fellow PCAGOE members, including gold leafing, inlays, and different transfer technique than I usually use..

Glyphs illustrated by Jeremiah Smith, an amazing artist AND husband!

Wish me luck! And don't forget to vote - please, not necessarily for me, just for your favorite entry!

Vote from September 26-28 at www.pcagoe.com!

Spread the word!


No comments: