Wednesday, September 5, 2007

An Etsy Meme - I've been tagged!

I was tagged for the Random 8 Meme today by the ever-lovely BlockPartyPress and what perfect timing, as I've been wanting/meaning to post a new entry but haven't been able to get my ducks in a row and do it.

Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

8 Random Pollyhyper Facts:
  1. My shop/blog name, Pollyhyper, is in fact a mangling of my maiden name, Holly Piper. I've always used Pollyhyper for my art-related endeavors. I would like to do an anime-type illustration of Pollyhyper... one of these days. When I got married, I couldn't let go of the Piper, but I did want to... connect to my new family, so here I am, Holly Piper-Smith.

  2. After taking a typing class in high school, I developed a strange habit of typing (on desks, my thigh, in the air) things as people said them. It was truly strange and I still do it occasionally. The very strangest part was finding out that my cousin, who I barely know and who lives all the way on the opposite coast of the US, does the same thing, but with her toes. I'm a kick-ass typist, though!

  3. I call myself an undiagnosed lazy obsessive compulsive. A friend and fellow photography colleague recently summed it up for me as far as my artwork goes, when we were discussing how how I haven't had much time to be a "photographer" lately, since I've been busy with polymer clay, etc., by saying "You're one of those people that can't work with just one medium; your art takes you all over the place."
    I took it as a compliment.
    I am also a slob and a (recovery-in-progress) packrat. Working on slimming down possessions - I want to live a simpler life in which I know where things are.

  4. Sometimes I have prophetic dreams. They haven't helped me win Powerball yet, though.

  5. I have one brother who is 3 years younger than me. He's 6 feet tall and burly. I'm 31, short and look young. Without question, everyone assumes he is older.

  6. I have a love-hate relationship with computers and the internet. It sickens me how attached I/we/society am/are to them, but I couldn't do half the things I do or know half the wonderful people I know if it weren't for the darn things.

  7. We haven't had t.v. (by this I mean channels) in our house for over 6 years. We have a DVD player and a Netflix account, though, and I've seen a LOT of movies.

  8. My birthday is 7-11 and my husband knows that he's totally screwed if he ever forgets such an easy date! I'm a Cancer all the way - homebody, maternal, nurturing, but I can be VERY moody and I wear a protective shell. I'm tenacious and strong-willed and like to get my way, and I usually do. But if I can, I'll do ANYTHING to help someone, especially friends and family.
TAGGING:
  1. Fresh Peaches Designs
  2. Ben Can Dance (can't wait to hear about Ben!)
  3. Mosaico
  4. Marcia Palmer
  5. Dancin Jules
  6. Knitting by Zen
  7. Iris Mishly (Polymeri)
  8. Polyclarific

No comments: